Proceeds of images, videos and the website itself will be used in fabricating customized bike racks. We initially plan to make 100 of these, so we can donate it to places where every biker needs it.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

13th Red Horse Pambansang Muziklaban First Ever Online Press Launch

(This was an edited repost due to some idiot removed/hacked/fondled with my wordpress.)


I was invited by my former classmate and co-blogger Mel Ardenio (melardenio.com) to blog about the Muziklaban and being a rock fan, why not! I was really excited about the idea and it will also be a good post for my site. And here is how it goes! 


The Beer Promise




This was supposed to be one helluvan experience but turned out be a farce (at least to my own little opinion). They promised beer during the event but never happened. 




So it's ok that happens, this is still a press launch and this will be my first time to interview rock icons like Pepe Smith, Slapshock and the likes. 


The Super Secure Login


And then the logging in process... sweet Jesus! I was sent back to the day when I was looking at the keyboard while I type. I am sure I am pressing the right PIN number but unfortunately it is not accepting it and returns a "Try again message...". And then I gave up. 

I asked my friend who invited me to join the press launch to use a generic login and after 30-40 minutes of frustrating myself... I was able to login! 

The Press Launch



There were 2 cameras setup, one pointing at the stage and one at the backstage where rock icons were being interviewed. The audio was horrible because of the microphone feedback from the stage and the server is too slow that the video stream is somewhat reminiscent to 2002 internet connection speeds! I recognized Jamir (Slapshock frontman) after 30 seconds on cam 2. 




The Consolation Price


Around 1:00 am (after 5 hours after the concert), my Mom pinged me through chat that I have a package. Aha! Could it be true that St. Red Horse finally arrived? Yeah it did and it had lots of goodies in it:





  • 1 Case of Red Horse In Can 



  • Red Horse Ibarra/Muziklaban T-Shirt

  • Red Horse Muziklaban Press Launch Artists Posters

  • Red Horse Muziklaban Cap

  • Red Horse Lighter 

  • Muziklaban Press Launch Artists CD

  • Red Horse Sticker




The Verdict


Man, the concert/press launch was truly a waste of time but the beer isn't! Some folks were able to connect without any problems that I start to question myself. I am degree holder of computer studies and a supervisor for a webhosting company, what could I have done wrong? I have triple core computers, a 3 mbps connection, ping of 8-14 ms and manually setup my router to make sure I utilized my speed properly... 


What could I have done wrong? Or is it me?


I emailed rogue360 (the organizer of the press launch) about my experience right after I really gave up on the event but up to now I haven't received any replies from them... typical Pinoy...

2 comments: